This weekend was low key, not much going on. That wasn’t the original plan of course but sometimes that’s just the way it goes. It all works out for the best, it gave us a chance to work on a long over due project.
It’s been a year now since we moved into our home, actually we have officially been here for a year and 19 days. Our official closing date was on October 31st of 2019 and we are the crazy couple that lined everything up so that by the end of the day one the 31st we were 90% moved into the house. It was a long and tiring day but worth the overdue wait.
One of the challenges of building on your own land, especially one that didn’t quite exist before is that no one can find you. That is of course, not always a bad thing (said the introvert in me). As for the issue of mail, the good ole’ USPS, UPS, any furniture being delivered and let’s not forget the tried and true Amazon, still they have trouble finding us.
After scouring Pinterest for ideas, I came up with a simple idea that I love and hopefully I can add to in the future. Out here bigger is sometimes better, going with a small sign by the door just wasn’t going to be enough.
A few weeks ago we put in the the frame just a simple two post with a 12 inch wood beam in the middle. It is treated wood so we had to let it dry out for sometime or it just won’t take the paint well. And finally this weekend I was able to paint!
Adding the numbers was pretty easy work once I figured out my center points of the beam. I found the numbers here and they are floating numbers which I was excited about. Until I hammered my thumb. As it turns out - it hurts a lot. That was a first for me, I never realized how useful my thumb is until I couldn't use it!
I absolutely loved how it turned out. In the spring I think I'll add some flowers around the base. Out here all of these projects take time. There is so much to do and just not enough time to get around to it all. As it turns out a year later and many lost packages after - we finally have something to help find us.